28 Feb 2008

Meeting photo bloggers

It was great to meet Dave, Alison, Christine, Jamie and ‘Angel’ at the Focus on Imaging show at the NEC in Birmingham the other day. Thanks for coming up to say hello. Obviously the tee shirt with the photoactive web address did the trick and you were able to spot me. Frankly I don’t know how you did it with so many people there. I just can’t begin to tell you how much I appreciate your encouragement to keep blogging.

I had a good chat with folk at The Disabled Photographers Society stand and I'll be telling you more about them soon. I've had one or two seriously disabled photographers come to me for tuition and I can tell you, some of these guys are just a bit good behind a camera. Take a look at their website...
http://www.disabledphotographers.co.uk/

I also met one of my very first and most frequent students, Ken. He was tempted by a good show discount and took the plunge to spent an awful lot of dosh on a new Canon. He’ll no doubt be showing it off when he comes up to SW Scotland next week for the photography weekend. I’ve arranged for him to spend a day shooting wildlife under the guidance of the local wildlife ranger before he arrives at the hotel… looking forward to having you with us again Ken.

I am thinking seriously about taking a stand at the show next year - so then I will be very easy to find and maybe meet lots more of you.

No comments: